Position: SENIOR LOAN MANAGER
Location: Headquarters, Irvine, CA, non-remote
Compensation: Commensurate with experience
Start Date: Immediately
American Lending Center LLC (ALC) is a private, non-bank lender based in Irvine, California.
Established in 2009, ALC specializes in providing small and medium businesses debt financing
through various government loan programs including SBA 504, SBA 7(a), and SSBCI programs.
ALC is seeking a Senior Loan Manager to oversee and supervise the lending system of the
The Senior Loan Manager will report directly to the Chief Lending Officer. A Senior Loan
Manager is a person who supervises and oversees the financial system and the cash flow of a
company. They are responsible for the assessment, examination, approval, and even rejection
of loan applications based on the financial capacity and capability of a loan applicant. A loan
manager determines and classifies the possible financial risk and problems that could be
encountered. Also, they are the one who controls lending activities for all loan programs,
manages all collections, as well as ensuring that the policies of the company are implemented.
Other specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
▪ Manage loan origination underwriting, funding, and servicing teams.
▪ Manage all aspects of the loan cycle and ensure efficient workflow to meet company
▪ Ensure all loan origination procedures are followed according to lender, state, and
▪ Evaluate documents and reports to ensure accuracy and compliance.
▪ Assist in hiring and supervising staff of five or more part-time/full-time employees
▪ Work with internal and external referral sources and Business Development personnel.
▪ Assist borrowers in resolving delinquency and avoiding foreclosure.
▪ Control the monthly reporting, remitting, and reconciling of the loan portfolio.
▪ Coordinate selection, packaging and investor delivery of loans to the secondary market,
▪ Originate loans that meet the company’s credit standards and fit within the various
government loan programs in which ALC participates.
▪ Determine and maintain all internal controls, policies, and procedures.
▪ Ensure optimal customer service is provided to all applicants and customers.
▪ Participate in applicable trade organizations as needed, including NAGGL and CDFA.
The ideal candidate should meet the following conditions:
▪ Education: A Bachelor’s degree in a field related to banking, finance or business is
required. A Master’s degree is preferred.
▪ Experience and Skills: Possess adequate knowledge, skills, and abilities for the position,
o Extensive previous experience in the banking/lending industry.
▪ 5 years of experience minimum.
▪ Commercial lending experience is a must. Experience as a department
manager or senior officer is preferred.
▪ Experience in SBA or Government Loan Programs is a plus.
o A thorough knowledge of loan products and services, as well as the company and
federal banking regulations and policies associated with them.
o Excellent leadership skills.
o Able to make decisions for the department and customers based on company
policy and products and services available.
o Project management skills and experience are a plus.
o Excellent salesmanship, communication, and customer service.
o The ability to multi-task and prioritize workflow.
o Excellent organizational and time management skills.
▪ Location: The candidate must live in (or reasonably near) Irvine, CA. Relocation
assistance will not be provided.
Attractive Benefit Package:
• 401(k) match
• 401(k) profit sharing
• Pension Plan
• Paid Time Vacation & Year end break
• Health Insurance, Dental, Vision, Life, FSA
• Career Development Allowance
• High return of internal investment opportunity
Please email resume to: Scott.Thompson@americanlendingcenter.com